Hey Ottawa Senators, it's me, Darren. This is some win streak you've been on, eh? Eleven games is far more than I ever could have dreamed of, so I feel a bit selfish asking for one more. But to be completely honest, you simply cannot lose this game tonight. Yes, I know that there's that guy from the Stanley Cup Finals in net, and that Phaneuf guy probably wants to kill Jarkko Ruutu for that little tripping incident (H/t to The 6th Sens). I also understand those Leafs are going to be in crush-kill-destroy mode after suffering an embarrassing meltdown against the New Jersey Devils last night. There is some serious adversity to overcome, but you absolutely have to overcome it.
You see, you simply cannot let them win. This win streak cannot end in Toronto, because if it does, people everywhere will say "Wait, they lost to Toronto?" It will nullify the impressiveness that is an eleven game winning streak. Furthermore, Chemmy, PPP, and JaredFromLondon will probably come on here and heckle us, and I simply can't take that kind of antagonism.
I'm sure all Senators fans agree with me, so let's see some of that discussion on this big game in the comments.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team