All right, no one wants to lose this one, right? But, uh, it might happen. Because essentially, we're talking about a Marlies vs. B-Sens game at this point. James Reimer is in net for Toronto, and you may remember him from his 32-of-33, .970 SV% stat line in his first ever NHL win, courtesy of an Ottawa Senators team that had more NHLers on it than this one does. The final score of that game? 5-1 Leafs. Yikes.
But don't worry! Since then Toronto has also traded Tomas Kaberle, Francois Beauchemin and Kris Versteeg. Unfortunately, they kept all of the players that scored goals the last time these teams played. So, that's not encouraging. Still, this is a Sens team that would have tied the Cup contending Bruins last night if it weren't for that pesky third period thing.
Who will I be watching tonight?
- Craig Anderson - Gets his first start in Ottawa. I know what you're going to say: CRAIG ANDERSON LEERS AT ICE GIRLS HA HA HA LOOK AT THESE PICTURES THIS JOKE IS SO FRESH AND HILARIOUS I AM THE KING OF COMEDY GOLD! Get it out of your system now and then please let it die a merciful death.
- Bobby Butler - What a bust, he can't even keep his multi-point game streak going. Now he's just got a goal streak going.
- Alex Kovalev - Continues to play like his time in Purgatory is coming to an end.
- Tyler Bozak - He always seems like a Sens Killer when he's on the ice.
Even though it will probably not be good hockey, it will certainly be exciting hockey. As always, it's your duty to join us in the comments thread where in between one of the numerous odd man rushes you'll see tonight, we'll discuss important things like how much Robin Lehner looks like Ivan Drago. I mean, come on.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team