It's Hockey Day in Canada, where all six Canadian NHL teams face of against each other, and to start of this festive day, we get Ottawa against Edmonton, the battle for the number one pick. Ottawa, who for the first time in 11 seasons will play a game without Mike Fisher on the roster, has 42 points and hasn't won a game in a full month. The Senators will try to avoid coming closer to a franchise record 14 game losing streak (already at 11), while Edmonton will try to improve on their home record, which is 1-7-2 in the last ten games at the Rexall Place. The last five home games for Edmonton have been losses.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
Bobby Butler: The rebuild is here, and Bobby Butler has yet to record a single point. Will he do it today?
Brian Elliott: Elliott hasn't won a game since December 26th, will he win his first game this calender year?
Taylor Hall: Last year's first overall pick, and Edmonton's points leader, has played one game against Ottawa and scored a goal in it. Will Ottawa's defense be able to contain the future star?
Jim O'Brien: O'Brien has been compared to Mike Fisher a few times, will he take this opportunity to show us why?
As always, feel free to join us the comments section for this hockey game.
Also Happy Birthday to Darren!
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team