Back at it again in Western Canada tonight, as the Sens visit Calgary to play against one of the most surprisingly hot teams of the new year, the Calgary Flames. They've only got one regulation loss in the last games, clawing themselves back in to a playoff spot in the Western Conference. The Senators, on the other hand, have one win in the 2011 calendar year, clawing themselves down into the NHL Entry Draft lottery.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Olli Jokinen: Has five assists in the last five games, and will either be a big part of the Flames' playoff push, or a prime candidate to be traded away.
- Miikka Kiprusoff: Has had an up and down year this year, and has drawn the ire of Flames fans at some points in the season. How will he do tonight?
- Alex Kovalev: His scoring streak was broken against the Canucks, but Kovalev still has five points in the last four games.
- Robin Lehner: Gets the start tonight, as Cory Clouston has decided to institute an alternating starting rotation. How will he do?
It'll be another late game tonight, but if you're up for it, join us here during for all the good fun that comes with watching Senators hockey this season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team