It's the league's top team against one that seems destined for the bottom tonight in Vancouver as the Canucks host the Senators tonight. It might not be a pretty one for the Senators, who've lost nine in a row, especially since Brian Elliott is expected to get the start and has lost his last 12 decisions (not to mention setting the Sens up for their loss last game, even if he didn't get tagged with the decision). But here are a few players I'll be watching tonight:
- Brian Elliott: Same thing I said last game, really; he's got to get better fast, because he's running out of chances to show what he can do as a starter, and his contract's up after this season. Could do himself some favours if he'd improve his game.
- Alex Kovalev: A goal in each game since the All-Star Break, and five points overall. He seems to be recharged for a late-season push.
- Daniel Sedin: Has an eight-game point streak (1G, 11A) and is leading the Canucks in scoring.
- Henrik Sedin: I'll probably get him confused with Daniel.
- Mikael Samuelsson: After an extended drought, Samuelsson has eight points (3G, 5A) in his last five games.
It's a late one tonight, but join us here to talk about the game and who the Sens might pick with the first overall choice in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team