The Senators take on the Ducks at home tonight, and they're two teams headed in opposite directions: Anaheim is 7-3 in their last ten games despite being without their top-line centre (Ryan Getzlaf) since Dec. 28, while Ottawa is 2-6-2 in their last ten in large part because they've been without their top-line centre (Jason Spezza) since Dec. 26. It's a matter of offensive depth and supporting players stepping up; the Sens just don't have it and haven't had it, while the Ducks have.
Some players I'll be watching tonight:
- Nick Foligno: Almost one-quarter of his production to date this season has come in the last three games, since being reunited with Mike Fisher and Ryan Shannon.
- Bobby Butler: Re-called by the Sens to suit up tonight, we'll see how he adjusts to the big league this time around.
- Teemu Selanne: Is incredible. The guy's ageless. He's got more points than any Senator, including six in the last five games.
- Bobby Ryan: Although he went pointless in his last game, Ryan has eight points in his last five outings. Not too bad.
We shall see how the night goes. Join us here for a discussion through the game, and perhaps to make plans for a candlelight vigil in memory of the competitive Senators teams of years gone by.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team