The Ottawa Senators are back in action tonight in the Big Apple, taking on the Rangers. Returning to the lineup is Erik Karlsson after missing last game due to his mysterious pre-game-warmup injury, so Matt Carkner will be seated up in the press box. Craig Anderson will make his 12th consecutive start for Ottawa, while the Rangers will counter with Henrik Lundqvist.
Expect the Senators' lines to look like this:
Read more after the jump.
Some things to watch for in tonight's game:
- Beasts of the East: The Rangers are the class of the Eastern Conference so far, and in fact are tops in the league standings right now despite missing players for significant periods of time.
- Clash of the Streakers: The Rangers have won five straight, and the Senators are 6-0-1 in their last seven games. Which streak will be impacted tonight?
- Karlsson's return: Will Erik Karlsson see as much ice time as usual tonight, given the injury that caused him to miss last game?
- Wolski's return: If Wolski does return to the Rangers lineup, the Senators have no shortage of toughness to make a statement, if they so choose: Konopka, Neil, and Z. Smith (although Carkner's out). Will they choose to do so?
Join us tonight as we await answers to these questions, and more.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team