From the top of the Atlantic to the top of the Metropolitan, the Senators are welcoming in the Eastern Conference's best performing teams to the Canadian Tire Centre this week.
Here's how the Senators lined up at practice, with Joonas Korpisalo in the starter's end and Jakob Chychrun having a maintenance day. The local blueliner is expected to play alongside Thomas Chabot (even though it'd be fun to see how Alfie would do in that spot...):
Here's how the Rangers lined up in yesterday evening's 5-2 loss to the Vegas Golden Knights:
We expect some changes tonight, given the back-to-back situation. Jonathan Quick might be in net, and Zac Jones might replace Ryan Lindgren after he left the team's last game in the first period.
- The Sens have shuffled their lines a bit, reuniting the once-dominant top-line of Brady Tkachuk, Tim Stützle, and Claude Giroux while flipping the wingers for Norris and Pinto to try and find some more five-on-five offence. The Sens got a lot of shots against the Bruins, their xG at 5-on-5 was <1.
- I'm hoping that playing alongside Shane Pinto on the team's third line will help stabilize Ridly Greig's ice-time. Jacques Martin and co. seemed uncomfortable to have the young forward playing in the top-six – despite Greig playing well.
- The Rangers lead a tough Metropolitan Division with 61 points, but are 3-6-1 in their last 10. They've given up multiple goals in a 60 second stretch nine times this season – the same amount as Ottawa.
- They likely come into tonight's game very frustrated after outshooting Vegas 38-20 and outchancing them at 5-on-5. If the Sens hold tight in the first period, I wonder if the Rangers will deviate from their game plan right as their legs start to get tired. With Jacob Trouba reportedly nursing an injury, it might be a good game to chip some pucks in his corner and go to town.
- Nick Bonino, a veteran, Cup-winning forward, was put on waivers last week and sent some ripples throughout the Rangers' dressing room.
|Time on Ice/GP
|Penalty Kill %
|Corsi % (5v5 SVA)
|xGF % (5v5 SVA)