Game 44 Preview and Open Thread: Winnipeg Jets @ Ottawa Senators
Senators look for their first back-to-back wins in 3 weeks
The Senators are back at it tonight with the Jets, in the eighth meeting out of 10 on the season.
Monday was probably Ottawa’s best game against Winnipeg so far this season, so it makes sense that the only lineup change is the starter. Assume the same skater lines as Monday:
Stützle - Amadio - Dzingel
Paul - White - Dadonov
Formenton - Tierney - C. Brown
Chabot - Zaitsev
Brännström - Zub
Mete - J. Brown
- We’ll have to wait a little longer to see Shane Pinto and Jacob Bernard-Docker in action. Maybe Friday Saturday.
- (Update, 4:36pm) Gord Miller is reporting that there is an “injury question” on the blue line, and that JBD will take the warm-up and may draw in. No word yet on who might be questionable but the smart money might be Zaitsev, who took a maintenance day yesterday.
- Matt Murray will be in net for the first time in over a month. We’ll see if he can get on his way out of the wild performance swings we’ve seen from him all season.
- Stay out of the box! Ottawa was maybe a little lucky to only give up one goal to the Jets PP on Monday.
- Connor Brown’s goal streak has put him in rarified air. It’s already a franchise record, and goals in eight (plus) straight has only happened 88 times in NHL history. It’s the longest streak among currently active players. He’s already matched the longest career streaks for the likes of Pavel Bure, Alexander Mogilny, Cam Neel and Jean Beliveau. Tonight he could match Gretzky, Yzerman, Selanne, Maurice Richard and Jagr.
- While it’s a franchise record, it’s not a Senators record. That (and the all-time NHL record) belongs to Punch Broadbent, who scored in 16 straight games for the original Senators during the 1921-22 season. Half way there!
- Tonight’s game will start at 7:00 PM EST, and will be available on RDS2, TSN3, TSN5, and TSN 1200./
|Penalty Kill %||76.3||25th||80.4||14th|
|Corsi % (5v5 SVA)||47.29||24th||48.58||19th|
|xGF % (5v5 SVA)||46.49||24th||46.31||25th|
|Goals||Brady Tkachuk, Connor Brown||14||Kyle Connor||19|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||22||Mark Scheifele||33|
|Points||Brady Tkachuk, Thomas Chabot||26||Mark Scheifele||48|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||174||Kyle Connor||135|
|Time on Ice/GP||Thomas Chabot||26:42||Josh Morrissey||23:45|