The Senators face off against the Bruins in a crucial Northeast Division game. Just one point separates Boston from Ottawa in the standings, and the Senators are only three points ahead of eighth place Montreal in the cluttered Eastern Conference. Fifth place is a lot better spot to be in than sixth under those circumstances. Boston will be without Patrice Bergeron, who injured his hand in loss to the New York Rangers last night. Unfortunately, they will have Tim Thomas, who was rested last night. Ottawa will counter with Brian Elliott, which is quite distressing considering how much the team needs Pascal Leclaire to be the top guy. Some others to watch:
Miroslav Satan - Obviously Satan is not going to replace a player like Bergeron, but the Bruins didn't sign him for his defensive skills.
Mike Fisher - Fisher has been playing great in all areas but the scoresheet. That must change soon, because faceoffs are less crucial than goals.
Milan Michalek - At this point, he's just desperate for a goal.
Alex Kovalev - It will be interesting to see where his game is coming off of a four goal, one assist night.
As always, you should join us in the comments section, where together we will ponder deep philosophical questions like, "How is it even possible for Tim Thomas to make that save?" See you there!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team