It is the last game of 2011 for the Ottawa Senators and their 15th game of December. The Senators have gone 6-5-3 so far, keeping them firmly in the playoff bubble without neither pulling away nor falling off. With Toronto and Winnipeg playing each other tonight, an Ottawa win would move them back into a playoff spot.
Erik Condra - Kyle Turris - Daniel Alfredsson
Nick Foligno - Zack Smith - Bobby Butler
Kaspars Daugavins - Zenon Konopka - Chris Neil
More after the jump.
Here are things to watch for tonight:
- Craig Anderson: Anderson was brutal against the Canadiens but didn't allow a goal in relief against Calgary. Can he put in another strong performance?
- Erik Karlsson: Karlsson might have had his best game of the season last night. He had the tying goal, plus assisted on the game winner, fired 8 shots on net and another 8 shots that either missed the target or were blocked. He had a +26 Corsi and was on the ice for 21 Ottawa scoring chances and only 6 Calgary chances. Half the season is almost over and he is still on pace for 76 points.
- Take advantage of struggling opponent: Ottawa has often helped their opponent's snap losing streaks against them this season. Buffalo has lost five out of six and seven out of nine. Can the Senators keep them down?
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team