Both teams return from the Christmas break for their boxing day matchup at Scotiabank Place. It will mark the Sens' second cameo on HBO's 24/7, their first playing the role of slump-busters for the Washington Capitals. They'll hope to do better this game.
Some guys I'll be watching for tonight:
- Brian Elliott: Won his first game in eight appearances against Nashville, and looked pretty good in it. Can he put a couple good games together, and get on one of his good streaks?
- Chris Phillips: Plays his 900th game tonight. He's been playing well for the most part of late, and some of his most impressive showings of the last few seasons have been when he's tasked with shutting down Sidney Crosby. How will he do tonight?
- Peter Regin: Ended his 15-game pointless streak with an assist against the Predators. He clicked with Jesse Winchester and Alex Kovalev; will their line stay together?
- Sidney Crosby: Umm... yeah, I'll be watching this guy.
- Brian Lee: The guy draws into the lineup again tonight. Is he seriously the reason for the Senators' last two victories?
I'll probably end up seeing a few more players tonight, too. But I'll mostly be eating turkey (more turkey!)
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team