Following a pulse-pounding 4-3 win over the Nashville Predators on Monday night, the Ottawa Senators (15-16-4) look to stay in the win column this evening, when they pay a visit to the New Jersey Devils (11-15-7).
The Devils are in the second game of a back-to-back, as they dropped a 2-1 decision in Columbus last night. They are looking to snap a three-game losing streak.
The last time these two teams played, the Senators chased Cory Schneider in a decisive 7-3 victory. Matt Duchene, who returns to the lineup tonight after missing the last six games with a lower-body injury, tallied three points on the night.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00ET, and you can catch this one on TSN5, RDS, and MSG+ for our friends in Boss Country. As always, Dean Brown and Gord Wilson will have the call on TSNRadio 1200.
The Sens didn’t run lines at their skate this morning, but Dylan DeMelo also returns to the lineup tonight. They’ll go 11-7, as Nick Paul and Justin Falk are healthy scratches for this evening. Craig Anderson starts.
Expect Ottawa’s lineup to look something like this:
Tierney - Duchene - Boedker
Dzingel - Smith - Ryan
Paajarvi - Pyatt - Paajarvi br>
Chabot - DeMelo
Lajoie - Ceci
Borowiecki - Jaros
- Chris Tierney, a centre, will play the left wing on Matt Duchene’s line. Tierney admits that he hasn’t played a lot of wing in his career, but indicates that there is a lot of fluidity in terms of responsibility in Ottawa’s system.
- Keith Kinkaid will start tonight for the Devils.
- Guy Boucher told the media that one of the many things Colin White has improved upon last year is his speed. White has indeed looked more comfortable with the pace of the NHL game, and has shown irrefutable chemistry with Brady Tkachuk and Mark Stone.
- Speaking of the young agitator, Tkachuk got off the snide against Nashville with this dirty little number:/
- You can find the Devils’ projected lineup at Left Wing Lock.
- With New Jersey on a skid, and coming off a road game last night, the Senators stand a good chance tonight if they get off to a quick start./
|Penalty Kill %||73.8||30th||82.8||7th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||42.56||31st||49.64||20th|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||43.02||31st||50.32||16th|
|Goals||Mark Stone||16||Kyle Palmieri||17|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||26||Taylor Hall||24|
|Points||Mark Stone||39||Taylor Hall||33|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||94||Kyle Palmieri||106|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||24:23||Sami Vatanen||22:20|
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team