Game 34 Preview & Open Thread: Ottawa Senators @ Florida Panthers
The Sens (and dads) head for the Sunshine State
It’s the first of a Florida-based double header, as the Senators take on the Panthers.
A bunch of roster changes going in to this game. Jonathan Davidsson was sent back to Belleville yesterday, then J.C. Beaudin and Erik Brannstrom were recalled this morning. The Brannstrom call-up is due to Nikita Zaitsev being questionable for tonight, after missing practice yesterday. No word yet on the starter. No morning skate today, but here are the lines from yesterday:
Ennis - Anisimov - Sabourin
Namestnikov - Tierney - Duclair
Boedker - L.Brown - White
- If November was the month of Jean-Gabriel Pageau, December is turning into the month of Anthony Duclair. He has eight goals and 10 points so far, with only one game off the score sheet. That’s enough to lead the league in goals for the month, and puts him in a four-way tie for 3rd in points
- It wasn’t too long ago that the Panthers were sitting in a divisional playoff spot, but a 3-7-0 record in their last 10 games has let Montreal, Toronto and Tampa pass them
- If you’re wondering why they went with Brannstrom for the recall so quick after being sent down instead of someone else - he’s the only D they could call up. Everyone else is either injured, not in North America, or not on a NHL contract
- Taylor Hall has been held out of the lineup for two games in a row. Why are we talking about a Devils player before an Ottawa-Florida game? The Panthers were rumoured to be in the mix, but as of this morning it doesn’t look like he’ll be making a sudden appearance tonight
- It’s the annual dad’s trip - does Davidsson’s dad get to stay in Florida, or is he heading for Belleville too?
- Speaking of the dad’s trip - not only has Brady Tkachuk been the gift that keeps on giving, both on and off the ice, but his family has been a gift off the ice too. This year it’s his grandfather that joined the team for the trip, and the team got him to interview Brady
- It’s a 7pm start, on TSN5, RDS, and TSN1200/
All stats are from NHL.com except for Corsi/Fenwick from NaturalStatTrick.
|Goals||Anthony Duclair||18||Brett Connolly||14|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||18||Jonathan Huberdeau / Aleksander Barkov||26|
|Points||Anthony Duclair||25||Jonathan Huberdeau||37|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||125||Mike Hoffman||94|
|Time On Ice||Thomas Chabot||25:15||Aaron Ekblad||24:02|
|Penalty Kill %||82.6||12th||82.7||11th|
|Corsi % (5v5, Score and Venue Adjusted)||48.10||25th||49.88||18th|
|Fenwick % (5v5, SVA)||49.27||19th||50.61||12th|