Coming off a much-needed 3-1 win over Minnesota, Ottawa will try to win consecutive games for the first time since a four-game winning streak last month. But a win tonight will have to be hard-fought, as they face the Colorado Avalanche, who are on a four-game winning streak and lead the Western Conference in goals.
Few players to watch out for:
- Erik Karlsson: Ottawa's point-leading defensemen, and leader in assists, had a three point night yesterday. In 15 games on the road he has 13 points (3G/10A).
- Pascal Leclaire: Laclaire had 23 saves off 24 shots and is coming off back-to-back wins for the first time this year. In 8 games against Colorado, he's 0-6-1 with a 3.77 GAA amd .883 SV%. He's also 2-3-1 on the road with a 2.68 GAA and .910 SV%.
- Tomas Fleischmann: Fleischmann has 10 points in the 7 games he's been with the Avalanche. He's coming off his first career hat trick in a 4-3 win over the defending champion Chicago Blackhawks.
- Matt Duchene: With Paul Stastny, Milan Hejduk, and Chris Stewart out, Duchene will the Avalanche's best forward. In 13 home games, he has 15 points and has one goal in his lone game against the Senators.
Be sure to join us in the Game Thread for fun, Binghamton Senators updates (from yours truly), and, in all likelihood, a Cory Clouston fashion review.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team