The Ottawa Senators get set to host the Atlanta Thrashers, who are among the NHL's hottest teams right now. Atlanta is 8-2 in the last ten games, but the Senators can be somewhat optimistic because the Thrashers are only 3-2 in the last five.
Some trends I'll be watching tonight:
- Dustin Byfuglien: Leads the Thrashers in scoring, and has 9P (2G, 7A) in the last 7GP.
- Erik Karlsson: Currently working on a three-game point streak with 1G, 3A in that time.
- Bryan Little: The one-time No Habs No! hero has a three-game point streak, too.
- Brian Elliott: Gets the start tonight after a couple of bad outings. How will he fare?
- Ondrej Pavelec: Like the Thrashers, has won eight of his last ten starts. And he's got two shutouts and a GAA of 1.39 over that span. He won't be easy to beat.
- Filip Kuba and Sergei Gonchar: Loads of experience, but slow, and defensively challenged at times. How will the two do together?
- Chris Phillips: Had his best game of the season last Saturday. Was it a sign that he's back to form, or an aberration?
Join us here for loads of in-game discussion.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team