Thursday, Dec 10, 2009, 7:00 PM EST
Enemy: Broad Street Hockey
Ottawa is in Philly to square off against the Broad Street Bullies, who are arguably the most disappointing team this season. Their roster says Cup contender, their record says out of the playoffs. Still, not a team to take lightly, especially with their recent coaching change. Here are players I'll be watching tonight:
- Jason Spezza & Alex Kovalev - they've been called out by coach, GM, owner, and major media outlets. It's about time they start to put up the points that Melnyk (and ultimately, the fans) pay them so well for.
- Jarkko Ruutu - Isn't Philly the type of team that brings out the best in Ruutu?
- Jesse Winchester - I realized yesterday that he's older than Milan Michalek, and only four months younger than Spezza. I always look forward to some hits and smart plays from Winnie.
- Erik Karlsson - I really want to see this kid score a goal. Everyone else agree with that?
- Mike "Not Martin" Brodeur - There will be at least one shot of him sitting comfortably on the bench, desperately wondering when his shot will come.
As always, tag along in the comments before and during the game for some good, mostly-clean fun. Go Sens!
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team