After seeing their three-game winning streak grind to a halt on Monday night, the Ottawa Senators (12-13-3) will attempt to get the ball rolling again tonight, in their second of two games against the Montréal Canadiens (13-10-5) this week.
The Habs got the best of Ottawa, Monday, when a three-goal second period propelled them to a 5-2 victory. In what amounts to a key divisional matchup, it will be important for the Senators to try to avenge that loss tonight. Montréal currently sits in the final wild card spot in the East, with 31 points, while the Sens are four points back.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:30ET, and you can catch this one on TSN5, TSN2, and RDS. As always, Dean Brown and Gord Wilson will have the call on TSNRadio 1200, and Montréal’s TSN690 will also carry the game.
Ottawa looks to ice the same lineup as they did Monday night, with the only change coming if Max Lajoie feels he can play after taking warmup, so keep an eye on that. Craig Anderson starts for the Senators.
No changes to the lines at practice today.— TSN 1200 (@TSN1200) December 5, 2018
Dzingel Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Boedker Tierney Ryan
Pyatt Smith Paajarvi
- The rivalry appears to be alive and well, as Habs forward Max Domi ended up jumping rookie Drake Batherson on Monday. Batherson took a sucker punch or two, and clearly wanted no part of the altercation. Very brave of Domi to jump a rookie with no Mark Borowiecki in the lineup. Look for someone like Justin Falk to respond tonight. /
Drake Batherson clips Andrew Shaw and gets jumped and suckered by gutless little puke Max Domi. Colour me shocked. pic.twitter.com/teD2iHIw6e— Sens Prospects (@SensProspects) December 5, 2018
- Montréal’s Jonathan Drouin had an interesting comment the other day, when he told the media “We hate [Ottawa] as much as they hate each other-as much as they hate us...”. Sure, he probably just misspoke, but one has to wonder whether or not this was a jab at the Senators’ organization./
Why is no one talking about this slip up from Drouin about the Ottawa Senators? 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/MQAnypM7n9— Leah Kessel (@leahflame) December 6, 2018
- Brady Tkachuk has been held pointless in his last three games, the longest stretch since his debut. Look for him to get back on the scoresheet tonight.
- Monday’s contest saw Zack Smith’s three-game point streak come to an end, but his play has been really solid of late. Hopefully he can keep it up and get back on the board tonight.
- Here’s a look at the Canadiens’ probable line combinations and pairings, courtesy of Left Wing Lock.
- Monday night was the 140th meeting between Ottawa and Montréal. Despite the loss, the Senators hold the all-time lead, posting a record of 65-62-8, with five ties. The Habs have outscored them 409-405. Thanks to HockeyReference.com for the stats.
- Thursday + Home Game = Centennial Jerseys 😍/
|Penalty Kill %||74.5||28th||79.2||16th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||42.91||31st||49.86||15th|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||43.25||31st||51.42||11th|
|Goals||Mark Stone||18||Cam Atkinson||23|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||28||Artemi Panarin||29|
|Points||Mark Stone||43||Artemi Panarin||41|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||100||Cam Atkinson||149|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||23:52||Seth Jones||26:18|
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team