Let the hate-fest begin.
Dany Heatley's return to Ottawa has been circled on the calendar for ages for most Ottawa Senators fans, and it's here as the San Jose Sharks are in town tonight. And naturally, that will be one of the things I'll most be watching for tonight:
- The hate: How intense will it be? It's expected to be electric in the building. Will the Senators be able to build off that energy, and get a much-needed win?
- The goal-scoring: Ottawa has averaged 1.7 goals for over the last 10 games. Quite frankly, that's not enough to win games. Will they be able to put pucks in the net tonight?
- The injuries: Ottawa's been in injury hell for a while now. Are the players really ready to go tonight? Will their injuries slow them down, and expose the team?
- The goaltending: Ottawa's goaltending has been ridiculously inconsistent this season. Can they keep it together long enough for the skaters to get going tonight?/
It's going to be a memorable night tonight, folks. Join us here through the entire game to revel in the electricity.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team