The Ottawa Senators come into tonight's game looking for their fourth straight win, which would be a season high winning streak. The Capitals, meanwhile, are 1-2-1 in their last four and coming off a shootout loss to theToronto Maple Leafs
. Here are some notes for tonight's game:
- As mentioned eariler, Brian Elliott will get the start in goal for the Senators. Elliott currently has a .903 save percentage and is 3-1-2 on the season.
- Also mentioned in Silver Nuggets, Chris Neil will start on the second line with Mike Fisher and Nick Foligno. We'll see if he racks up more points than dumb penalties tonight.
- Ottawa has scored an incredible 14 goals in the past three games. They no doubt hope to keep up their offensive prowess
- Mike Fisher looks to continue his impressive play that saw him post six points en route to being named the NHL's third star of the week.
- Filip Kuba and Daniel Alfredsson are coming off four- and three-point games, respectively.
- For the Capitals, Mike Green is putting up an impressive points streak, with 10 in his last 6 games.
- Since returning from injury, Alex Ovechkin has two goals in three games. Despite those numbers, people are complaining about him being off his game. Also, it should be noted that AO has historically been a Sens-killer, posting 15 goals and 24 points in 16 games against Ottawa. Yikes.
As always, stick around for the game to join in on the fun in the comments.