The Ottawa Senators in Carolina to face the Hurricanes tonight. The Sens have had a hard time against Carolina, especially in Carolina, but it's going to be even harder tonight. But the games continue.
Courtesy @ScottMacarthur, the lines for tonight will be:
- Ottawa: Regin-Spezza-Kovalev, Michalek-Fisher-Alfredsson, Ruutu-Kelly-Neil, Foligno-Winchester-Shannon; Phillips-Gonchar, Kuba-Karlsson, Campoli-Carkner; and Brian Elliott will get the start.
- Carolina: J. Jokinen-Staal-LaRose, Skinner-Ruutu-Cole, Samsonov-Sutter-Dwyer, O'Sullivan-Matsumoto-Kostopoulos; Pitkanen-Babchuk, Gleason-Corvo, Harrison-McBain, and Cam Ward starts for the 'Canes.
Some things to watch for:
- Nick Foligno is still looking for his first goal of the season, and people are really starting to get impatient. Will he get off the schnei tonight?
- Mike Fisher is also ice-cold, with one point (a goal) in his last eight games. In fact, his line (with Milan Michalek and Daniel Alfredsson) is really struggling, and will need to get some contributions in--and soon.
- Neither of these teams really have any active streaks going, aside from a two-game point streak for Anton Babchuk.
- Will Alex Kovalev score his 1,000th point tonight?
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team