Ottawa Senators. New Jersey Devils. Ummm... Re-match from the 2007 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals? I don't know how to hype the game, but 's bound to be a good one. The Devils could be Ottawa's biggest test of the season so far (aside from the Pittsburgh Penguins), and come in undefeated on the road in seven games this season.
Notes for the game tonight (from the Senators' NHL game notes):
- The last time Ottawa beat New Jersey was Oct. 27, 2007; more than two years ago.
- Ottawa is 19-31-5-8 all-time against the Devils.
- Jason Spezza has 7P (1G, 6A) in his last 3GP in Ottawa.
- Mike Fisher's on a two-game goal-scoring streak.
- Daniel Alfredsson is on an eight-game point streak (4G, 9A, 13P)
- Brian Rolston is on a two-game goal-scoring streak.
Read more to see the projected Ottawa Senators line, and to join the GameThread--as always, open to all of your pre-, mid-, and post-game thoughts.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team