The Sens get right back into it with the Edmonton Oilers after another hard fought loss last night. It was nice to see the Sens recover from the embarrassing performances they had the last two times they met with the Oilers. While there were a few frustrating moments in the game last night, overall the Sens managed well and hopefully can only build on that tonight.
The Sens will have Christian Wolanin back in the lineup tonight but unfortunately Erik Brännström will not be available for 7-10 days with an injury he sustained last night on the hands of Josh Archibald.
If the Sens want to take one thing from last night’s game, it would be their penalty kill. The Sens managed to kill 4 Oilers power plays and somehow managed to keep Connor McDavid scoreless.
Paul - White - Batherson
Stützle - Tierney - C. Brown
Galchenyuk - Stepan - Watson
Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Zub
Wolanin - Gudbranson
Hogberg ( Likely starter)
- Fans are still divided on their opinion regarding fighting in games. At times, one could possibly justify one or two fights to let frustrations out or to settle some scores. Both teams started off the game with two absolutely meaningless and what looked like were staged fights which cost the Oilers a player. Zack Kassian is now out with an injury and it makes you wonder, why are these kind of plays still allowed. If anything, coaches should clearly discourage them at all costs.
- Brännström and Wolanin on the same lineup remain a dream that we await to see. That being said, it is quite refreshing to see Brännström come into the lineup and waste no time to claim his rightful place. Let’s hope this injury really is just a minor setback.
- The Sens announced today that Joey Daccord was sent back to the Belleville Senators with Filip Gustavsson being brought up to join the taxi squad. Daccord is getting attention for potentially being the future of this team’s net and this move just guarantees that he’s ready for some AHL action next week.
- Josh Norris and Drake Batherson have been playing extremely well even if not necessarily in a flashy manner. It would be nice to see either one of them get rewarded tonight.
- Can someone buy Connor Brown a goal?
- Our very own lucky charm Beata will be recapping the game tonight, so look out for a sure win.
- You can watch the game tonight at 7:00PM on TSN5, RDS or follow along on TSN1200 radio/