Tonight the Senators face off against the division rival Bruins and renowned Senators killer Tim Thomas. Thomas is currently sitting with an unbelievable 0.60 goals against average and a .981 save percentage, so it will be quite a task for these Ottawa Senators to slip enough pucks by him to get the win.
Here's who I'll be looking out for tonight:
- Jason Spezza: After missing a number of games this season with groin injuries, Spezza is back in the lineup tonight. It'll be great to see him out there again, and hopefully he'll be able to step right back in at a high level.
- Peter Regin: Regin will find himself playing on a line with Spezza and Alex Kovalev at the start of tonight's game, and this is the kind of opportunity he needs to capitalize on. Regin is currently goalless in 10 games, and has only 3 assists.
- Brian Elliott: Elliott appeared to get injured at the end of last game, but he is starting once again tonight while Robin Lehner watches on from the bench. Elliott has had a tendency to let in soft goals this season, let's hope he doesn't allow one tonight.
- Sergei Gonchar: Gonchar is still goalless after 10 games, and it'd be nice to see him get his first of the season tonight.
- Tyler Seguin: I have yet to watch this kid play, so it'll be nice to see the #2 overall pick in this year's NHL draft take the ice.
As always, join us in the comments during the game to discuss all of the action.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team