Update: Senators GM Bryan Murray has told ESPN "It's simply not true. I've had conversations with teams today but still I'm not close to a deal [involving Heatley]."
That's a very strong denial, so consider this rumour quashed unless it rears its ugly head again in the future.
ESPN is claiming that Bruce Garrioch's morning rumour has become a reality: that Dany Heatley has been traded to the San Jose Sharks. The Senators receive Alexander Frolov and Jarret Stoll from the LA Kings, while the Kings get Patrick Marleau from the Sharks.
REMINDER: THIS IS UNCONFIRMED. The teams involved are currently denying that this has happened, and it has not been reported by TSN. We will keep you posted on it, and will give a full analysis if the trade officially goes down.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team