Quite a bit different from our usual subject matter, but since it's a cause so closely linked with the Ottawa Senators organization, it's certainly worth mentioning: Today is Purple Pledge Day in memory of Daron Richardson, daughter of Luke Richardson, whose fifteenth birthday would have been celebrated on this day had she not taken her own life this past November.
For more information about mental health and depression, and ways to donate to the Royal Ottawa Foundation for Mental Health, visit the You Know Who I Am Do It for Daron website.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team