Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson will be out of action for 4-6 weeks with a separated shoulder. Alfie was injured from a Craig Adams hit in the Senators' loss to the Pittsburgh Penguins a few days ago.
Without a doubt, this is the biggest player loss that could hit the Senators. Alfredsson not only leads the team in points, but is also the team's leader, and the straw that stirs the drink for the Sens. His absence will certainly be noticed, and the Senators will have a great challenge replacing the offence that is currently missing with both Jason Spezza and Daniel Alfredsson sitting out.
Ryan Keller has been recalled once again to fill the empty roster spot.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team