It’s not official as of yet, but according to the AHL website forward Curtis Lazar was recalled to join the Ottawa Senators. The 21 year-old forward made an impact while playing for the BSens with perhaps his best performance with a goal in Friday’s 6-2 win over Albany in front of Pierre Dorion, Randy Lee and assistant Pierre Groulx in attendance.
Lazar, a former first rounder, was sent to Binghamton to find his offense touch but struggled a bit with three goals and an assist in 13 games on 30 shots. However, it was the little things on a team that has otherwised struggled out of the gate with his hustle and tenacity that made an impact.
Lazar should be able to join the Senators’ game in time against the Florida Panthers tonight up in Ottawa, as both Mike Hoffman and Bobby Ryan are out with injuries listed as a day-to-day basis.
Binghamton will be short a forward in tonight’s game against Hartford unless Gabriel Gagne can catch a jet from Wichita.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team