Looks like the Ottawa Senators didn’t forget about Marcus Hogberg and have announced his recall this morning, raising suspicions that Craig Anderson wouldn’t be ready to play coming out of the Christmas break. Shortly after this was confirmed with GM Pierre Dorion telling the media that both Andy and Justin Falk suffered concussions before the break and would not be playing this weekend.
#Sens GM Pierre Dorion shared with the media this morning that both Craig Anderson and Justin Falk suffered concussions before the break and won’t play this weekend.— Ottawa Senators (@Senators) December 27, 2018
Hogberg has allowed 16 goals on 191 shots in his eight games so far this season in Belleville, to top the BSens list of goaltenders with a SV% of 0.916. He also appeared in a single game for the Brampton Beast in the ECHL posting a .935 SV% in that outing, and spent some time on IR.
It’s a back-to-back situation this weekend, so there’s a good chance we’ll be seeing Hogberg’s NHL debut either Friday night against the Islanders or thrown to the wolves on Saturday against the Capitals.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team