Colin White Goes Down, Marc Methot Starts a Fire, and More!
It’s the Thursday edition of Links, News, and Notes!
After a 7-1 drubbing at the hands of the Edmonton Oilers, there weren’t many good things for Sens fans to take away from the past week. As always, we’ll try to find some bright spots too, though. Here’s the Thursday edition of Links, News and Notes:
- In the second period of last night’s game, Colin White took an ugly spill into the end boards, and was down on the ice in considerable pain. He was helped to the locker room, putting no weight on his left leg, and this one looks really bad. /
Colin White lost an edge and crashed into the boards in absolutely horrible fashion. Clutched his left knee right away. This could be really bad. #Sens pic.twitter.com/TCyE1ibFt1— Brandon Maki (@BrandonMaki_) March 11, 2021
Here’s hoping for the best for White: a guy who was really beginning to establish himself.
- Ryan Dzingel also suffered an apparent lower body injury, and didn’t return. Ugh./
#Sens down to 10 forwards, now. Ryan Dzingel leaves with an apparent lower body injury. pic.twitter.com/LYSQLaQeMk— Brandon Maki (@BrandonMaki_) March 11, 2021
- Due to the nature of last night’s game, we also got a brief look at a Brady Tkachuk - Tim Stützle - Drake Batherson line. Not much to report, but they looked alright in a small sample size. Probably premature to move Stützle to the middle, just yet though./
- In lighter news, former Senator — and current co-host of the incredible Wally and Methot Show — Marc Methot set off a Twitter firestorm with his critique of the Toronto Maple Leafs, and his projection that the Sens will be better in a few years’ time:/
Marc Methot shared a pretty red-hot take about the Leafs and Sens on Twitter 😯. MORE: https://t.co/3GXd4tI5rr pic.twitter.com/agFVebugyE— BarDown (@BarDown) March 10, 2021
Whether he’s serious, or just trying to get the 6ix riled up, Methot is settling into his new media role nicely.
- Speaking of Wally and Methot, their first episode dropped Monday, and features an incredible interview with all-time greatest Senator, Daniel Alfredsson:/
Check it out, and also make sure you catch Episode 2! It drops today, and features former Senator, Bobby Ryan!
- In huge news for the game of hockey at large, the NHL is returning to ESPN. In a seven-year deal worth about $2.8B, the House of Mouse has acquired a large portion of the NHL’s U.S. broadcasting rights, with another to-be-determined partner coming in to buy the rest at some point. /
Cue that amazing theme music.
- While announcing the ESPN deal, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman also announced that the NHL’s salary cap is set to remain flat for “the immediate future”. /