While Thomas Chabot can’t be happy with having to miss an extended period of time due to injury, he has to be smiling today.
It was announced, today, that the soon-to-be 22 year-old is off to his first career NHL All-Star game, to be held on January 26th in San Jose. He is the only Ottawa Senator competing in the contest.
Though he is currently sidelined with a shoulder injury, Thomas Chabot is having a sensational sophomore season. Hotsam Batcho boasts 10G and 28A, for an even 38 points in as many games. In the absence of Erik Karlsson, Chabot has emerged as an elite option on defence, and his unavailability is clearly being felt by a struggling Ottawa Senators team.
#72 will suit for the Atlantic Division when the 2019 Honda NHL All-Star Game goes down, live from the SAP Centre on January 26th, 2019.
You can find the full All-Star game rosters here.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team