Leading up to Cody Ceci’s arbitration hearing, we didn’t have a true sense of where the two sides were at, other than their respective asks. On the side of the player, Ceci was looking for $6 million while the Senators started their negotiation with $3.35 million. The only thing that was certain was the term.
Following Ceci’s arbitration hearing on Wednesday, the player came out with a one year deal worth $4.3 million.
One of the more polarizing players in franchise history when it comes to the fanbase, the Ottawa native is entering his sixth season in a Senators uniform, amassing 92 points over 366 games. The Senators first round pick from 2012 will keep his RFA status following this one year contract.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team