It's here, it's here. This week. The one in which we are currently living. There are Ottawa Senators hockey games.
We made it.
Before we kick things into high gear on Wednesday, let's get caught up on the goings on around the NHL.
- The Belleville Senators wrapped up their short preseason over the weekend with a loss to the Laval Rocket. This brought the team to 0-1-1 in the preseason. The real games begin Saturday, October 14th in Hershey.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs completed a trade yesterday, sending Sam Lafferty to the Vancouver Canucks for a draft pick, creating some much needed cap space.
- Wayne Scanlan penned a piece on the Senators roster, with or without Josh Norris.
- Speaking of Josh Norris, Bruce Garrioch shared his own thoughts on the state of the centre's season.
- On the same site, Adam Vingan poured a little water on the Sens, outlining why they still have a tough hill to climb despite the optimism in the fanbase.
- In a similar theme, Steve Warne gives his thoughts on the upcoming season, Josh Norris and more here.
- The Senators also announced that Jiri Smejkal and Max Guénette have been assigned to Belleville, while releasing Josh Bailey from his PTO. It's still unclear if the roster moves completed yesterday will be relevant on Wednesday, as there's speculation this may just be roster compliance paperwork.
- Over at NHL.com, they've released their incredibly early Calder Trophy thoughts, headlined by Connor Bedard and Logan Cooley.
- Here's a full rundown of the season previews, fantasy hockey rankings and more ahead of the 2023-24 season.
- To pump up your excitement, Alex Adams makes the case for Ottawa's top six to be considered up there with the best in the league.