The 26 year-old played 53 games the past season with the Senators, notching six goals and fifteen assists.
Of course, we have known for a while that Bell wouldn't be back with the Sens, as the team is already stocked with bottom-pairing defencemen. Not only are there plenty of prospects like Jared Cowen and Patrick Wiercioch in the organization that should see action in a couple of years, the Sens also have eight defencemen currently under contract: Filip Kuba, Anton Volchenkov, Chris Phillips, Brian Lee, Alexandre Picard, Jason Smith, Chris Campoli, and Erik Karlsson. Needless to say, it'll be interesting to see what the blueline looks like at the start of the season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team