The Binghamton Senators announced on Monday that they had hired three new staff members. Kory Cooper was hired as the Goaltender Development Coach, Dylan Crawford as Video Coach, and Michael Boyes as Assistant Equipment Manager.
The Cooper hiring in particular is of interest, as it is the first goaltending coach in the history of the B-Sens. Jeff Ulmer in particular has been clear in his criticism of the Sens for having a goaltending coach who spends most of their time in Ottawa, which hasn’t helped the development of some of the team’s younger goaltenders. Having a goalie coach full-time in Bingo should help in the development of Matt O’Connor, as an example.
Both Cooper and Boyes had previously worked for various OHL teams, in the roles which they will now serve for Binghamton. Crawford has worked in the video departments of both the Dallas Stars and the NHL head office. They may not be big signings, but the willingness to commit more money to staff in Binghamton should be a good sign for the Sens’ AHL affiliate to be competitive in the coming season.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team