via binghamtonsenators.com.ismmedia.com, used without permission
, the 2008-09 MVP of the Binghamton Senators, has moved on from the organization and signed with theNew York Islanders
Mauldin had a career high in goals (24), assists (27), points (51), and games played (80) in the 08-09 season, finishing second in team scoring, just one point behind Ilya Zubov. He was the only B-Sen to appear in all 80 regular-season games, a lone standby in a B-Sens season which was riddled with injuries and callups to the NHL, and as a result was named the team's most valuable player for the season.
Not sure what this means for Bingo, other than the fact that they'll be losing a veteran of six AHL seasons. It's not likely easy for fans of the team to see a player like Mauldin go, but at least it's couched with the fact that his moving on was likely to make room for the upcoming Ottawa Senators prospects joining the organization, such as James O'Brien and Erik Condra.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team