Daniel Alfredsson will undergo surgery to repair a sports hernia that has been bothering him since he returned from the Olympics. The recovery time is 4-6 weeks, meaning he will be fully healed before training camp starts in September.
Despite playing through injury, Alfredsson was tied for the scoring lead on the Ottawa Senators in the playoffs with 2 goals and 8 points in 6 games. He had a point in every game.
Not everyone can afford to pay for sports coverage right now, and that is why we will keep as much of the site's content free for as long as we can.
But if you are able to, please consider subscribing to help keep our articles free (and get a few extra perks).
- Ability to comment and participate in our community
- Twice monthly newsletter available only to subscribers
- Ad-free reading
- Our undying love and appreciation
- Everything from the Erik Condra tier
- 10% discount on all merch
- Access to any future paywalled content
- A personal thank-you from the Silver Seven staff
- Everything from the Brady Tkachuk tier
- Inner peace knowing you are supporting quality, independent coverage of your favourite sports team