A busy week heading into the 2021 NHL Entry Draft, here are your Links, News & Notes for this lovely Thursday.
- Monday was a momentous day in the NHL as Luke Prokop became the first active player in an NHL organization to come out as gay. During Prokop’s interview, he spoke about what it means to him personally, and what it could mean for others, to be out as an NHL player.
- The Seattle Kraken made two signings, inking Adam Larsson to a four year, $16 million deal and Jamie Oleksiak to a to five-year, $23M deal.
- One of the hottest free agents-to-be, Zach Hyman, has been linked to a few teams but none more seriously than the Edmonton Oilers. Yesterday, it was reported that the Edmonton Oilers may be looking to make a sign and trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs to ensure Hyman can be theirs ahead of free agency on July 28th.
- It’s likely that Philip Danault will not be a member of the Montreal Canadiens when the puck drops for the 2021-22 season.
- Speaking of free agents, Kirill Kaprizov reportedly has an offer on the table in the KHL following his Calder Trophy winning season. It would be quite the blow to the Minnesota Wild if they can’t manage to get a deal done with the star forward who compiled 27 goals in 55 games in his rookie year.
- On free agents, Sportsnet ran a great list of the top free agents here.