Don’t we just love playing the Edmonton Oilers? But hey at least we’re the only team in the NHL that is still to be shut out. Other than Connor McDavid’s domination of the Sens, here’s what else happened around Sens town and the league.
- The trade deadline is quickly approaching and while many are expecting some interesting splashes, I kind of think it might be a quiet one. The New York Islanders’ started us off by trading for Kyle Palmieri and Travis Zajac. The Devils retained 50% of both players’ salaries to make the trade work.
- Can the Vancouver Canucks finish off their season? As a team that has almost no shot of making the playoffs, it’ll be interesting to see how the league deals with the increasing number of players who are testing positive for COVID-19. With 18 players already on the COVID list, the league still feels they can push through finishing their season.
- Taylor Hall was a large part of the Oilers’ success and alongside Jordan Eberle, they formed quite the fun group. Since his trade from Edmonton, Hall has had a tough time re-establishing his career. The latest experiment with the Buffalo Sabres has been a complete failure. However, there have been several rumours that the Edmonton Oilers may be interested in bringing him back.
- Two days ago marked the tragic Humboldt Broncos accident that took the lives of 16 people. As the families and remaining members continue to recover and heal; it was announced that a $25M tribute center will be built in honour of those who were lost in this crash.
- The Ottawa Senators made a surprising move by reassigning goalie coach Pierre Groulx to a scout position and assigning Zac Bierk as the new coach. It is no question that the goalie situation has been less than ideal this season but are they really putting the blame on Groulx? Is he just not getting along with Matt Murray who might be coming back soon?