The Sens put the boots to their regional rival on Saturday, downing the Canadiens 6-3. The Jets, meanwhile, are reeling from two straight losses to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and sitting pretty tied for second place in the North division, they will surely be eager to earn some points tonight, at Ottawa’s expense.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7pmEST, and you can catch this one on TSN5, and RDS2, as well as TSN3 for our friends in Manitoba. As always, Dean Brown and Gord Wilson will have the radio call on TSN 1200.
Don’t expect many changes, if any, for the Senators tonight. Colin White was placed on injured reserve today, so he won’t return until Friday’s game at the earliest. Barring any last-minute Matt Murray return, it stands to reason that Filip Gustavsson will get the start, with Anton Forsberg backing him up.
Expect the Ottawa lineup to look something like this:
Stützle - Tierney - Batherson
Dzingel - Bishop - C. Brown
Formenton - Anisimov - Dadonov
Chabot - Zaitsev
Reilly - Zub
Coburn - Gudbranson
- ICYMI: this game was originally scheduled for the first week of May, but was moved up to tonight in order to accommodate schedule changes necessitated by the Vancouver Canucks’ disastrous COVID outbreak.
- After an ugly cold snap, Evgenii Dadonov tallied two goals in Saturday’s contest. There was some obvious chemistry between him, Artem Anisimov, and Alex Formenton, with the trio combining for six points. Here’s hoping that the fourth line can maintain at least some of this production.
- Thomas Chabot had a resurgent night on Saturday, looking much better than he has over the past couple weeks. He’s averaging roughly 23 minutes a night over the past two games, and seems to be at his best when not being overextended for 30 minutes a game.
- The Senators have beaten the Jets just once in five tries this season, on a last-second Brady Tkachuk goal.
- The Jets lead fourth-placed Montreal by six points, but the Habs have four games in hand, so the Jets need every point they can get to solidify their playoff positioning.
|Goals||Brady Tkachuk, Drake Batherson||12||Connor McDavid||22|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||19||Connor McDavid||42|
|Points||Tkachuk, Batherson, Chabot||23||Connor McDavid||64|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||155||Connor McDavid||142|
|Time on Ice/GP||Thomas Chabot||26:25||Darnell Nurse||25:43|
|Penalty Kill %||76.9||22nd||78.4||18th|
|Corsi % (5v5 SVA)||47.11||24th||48.91||17th|
|xGF % (5v5 SVA)||45.88||27th||50.10||14th|