They may not win every game, but the beat goes on for this young crop of Ottawa Senators. After a week full of intrigue, and dynamite performances, here are some Links, News, and Notes for your Thursday reading pleasure!
- Drake Batherson fell one game shy of breaking the Senators record for longest goal-scoring streak, but he is still riding a seven-game point streak.
- Ottawa Senators forward Tim Stützle was named the NHL’s Rookie of the Month for February!
Tim Stützle of the @Senators and Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario child life specialist Michèle Taché named @NHL’s “Rookies of the Month” for February. https://t.co/AcwFmHd5kR #NHLStats pic.twitter.com/7wqWYbxmm2— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 2, 2021
- The Belleville Senators were dealt another defeat last night, this time at the hands of the Stockton Heat by a score of 4-1. The team is seriously missing last year’s high-end talent, but on the bright side, Egor Sokolov scored his first AHL goal!
- Turns out Montreal Canadiens goaltending coach Stephane Waite was relieved his duties during the second period of Tuesday’s game against Ottawa. Harsh.
- In fantastic news; Brent Wallace, Marc Methot, Craig Medaglia, and Alex Woods are teaming up for a new project called “The Wally and Methot Show”. I seriously can’t wait for this, some of the best people, and personalities in the business:
A brand new hockey show is coming.— The Wally and Methot Show (@wallyandmethot) March 3, 2021
Launch episode drops this Friday. pic.twitter.com/pDX6uBGNNh
- As I am every Wednesday morning, I was on Rebel 101.7 to talk about the week that was in SensLand! Check it out here.
- Could Jack Eichel be on the move out of Buffalo? Sportsnet ran a piece explaining why COVID seriously complicates any sort of in-season transaction.
- Stephen Whyno of the Associated Press had a great column on what a COVID season looks like for players off the ice, given all the restrictions that they’re currently dealing with.