- Two weeks ago we found out that Jonny Tychonick was going to be on the move from the University of North Dakota. Now we’ve found out that he’s going to Omaha, after interviewing with 12 schools. Omaha has big gaps created from Seniors graduating out of the program
- Eugene Melnyk bought lunch for staff at all of Ottawa’s Hospitals, and threw in a voucher for two tickets to a game next season with each meal. After some criticism (and cynicism) about the team’s handling of things early on when they were one of the last ones to announce support for arena staff, they’ve stepped up and offered up their facilities for use as emergency medical clinics, and the Senators Foundation has launched a drive to deliver face shields to local hospitals. Keep it up!
- Gary Bettman has said the league is prepared to play into the summer if it means being able to award the Stanley Cup. He also said that something was going to have to be done regarding giving bubble teams a chance to make it - either more regular season games to even things out, or a modified playoff structure
- The Senators have submitted three different proposals for how to handle the remainder of the season, playoffs, and the draft lottery. This comes after a public call by the league for teams to submit suggestions
- Finally, a cautionary tale from site-favourite Ian Mendes about trying to cut your own hair during the shut-down
Also Tychonick’s destination, and a “DIY don’t” tale