In the midst of a three-game losing streak, the Ottawa Senators (18-24-11) face a daunting task tonight, in hosting the Colorado Avalanche (29-16-6). The Avs are coming off of a 6-1 drubbing of the Buffalo Sabres, and it’s Ottawa’s last home game for seven days.
One lineup change to report tonight, as Nick Paul draws in for the injured Vladislav Namestnikov. Paul last suited up in Washington on January 7th, where he suffered a nasty-looking lower body injury. Marcus Hogberg is expected to start tonight, so the Senators lineup should look something like this, with the caveat that White and Anisimov could flip based on yesterday’s practice lines:
Ennis - White - Batherson
Paul - Tierney - Duclair
Chlapik - Anisimov - Sabourin
Chabot - Hainsey
Borowiecki - Zaitsev
Reilly - DeMelo
- Though Namestnikov won’t play tonight, D.J. Smith said he is just “sore”, and hopes to have him back in Winnipeg on Saturday afternoon. Names blocked a shot against Anaheim, and left the game in the second period.
- The possibility of switching White and Anisimov likely has to do with pumping the latter’s trade value by playing with Drake Batherson, who is on fire, but I’d love to see the 63-36-19 combo stay together. They’ve arguably been Ottawa’s best line of late, and White had one of his best games of the year on Tuesday.
- Speaking of Batherson, he has five points in his last five games. Look for him to continue the really good pace tonight.
- Anthony Duclair’s goalless drought is now up to 15 games. YIKES.
- As far as the Avs go, TSN1200 tweeted this interesting little tidbit:
Colorado is the #1 team in the NHL in supplementary scoring. They are the #1 team for goals for per game average, but have just 1 player among the top 75 point getters in the NHL. They get a little something from everyone.— TSN 1200 (@TSN1200) February 6, 2020
(Also just 1 player in top 50 of goal scoring)
|Goals||Anthony Duclair||23||Anze Kopitar||21|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||33||Anze Kopitar||41|
|Points||Brady Tkachuk||43||Anze Kopitar||62|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||258||Jeff Carter||182|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||26:02||Drew Doughty||25:51|
|Penalty Kill %||78.8||20th||82.8||7th|
|Corsi % (5v5, Score and Venue Adjusted)||47.23||27th||48.07||26th|
|Fenwick % (5v5, SVA)||47.71||27th||48.19||24th|