Right back to the grind!
After the losing - but entertaining - effort in Toronto last night, the Sens are back on home ice to take on another team having a truly foul 2019.
Lineups are expected around 4:30, but if there are no roster changes expect the same as last night. We’ll update if there are changes, such as going 11 & 7.
- Last time these two teams met, they were tied with the worst losing streak in the league, and... yep, both on a league leading five game skid. Somebody is busting a slump tonight.
- The Ducks have won just two of their last 19 games, with a record in that stretch of 2-13-4
- They’ve been outscored 72 to 32 in those 19 games as well
- Somehow, they’re STILL only four points out of the last wild card spot in the West, and also three points up on last place in the West
- Ottawa hasn’t exactly been much better in their last 19 games, other than scoring a more average number of goals
- Somebody should ask Matt Duchene about his contract status, we haven’t heard anything about that in awhile
- It’s DIFD night at the CTC!
Here are some stats, courtesy of NHL.com and Natural Stat Trick.
|Goals||Matt Duchene||24||Mark Scheifele||27|
|Assists||Mark Stone||31||Blake Wheeler||36|
|Points||Mark Stone||54||Blake Wheeler||65|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||182||Patrik Laine||182|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||24:00||Dustin Byfuglien||24:32|