After a penalty-related third period collapse, the Sens will try to get back in the win column while visiting the also-terrible Detroit Red Wings.
Mark Borowiecki remained in Ottawa for a MRI after taking a Christian Jaros shot off of his foot against Carolina. Darren Archibald and Cody Goloubef have been called up again, and Boucher has confirmed that one of them will play. Craig Anderson is on the trip with the team, but won’t dress tonight. Anders Nilsson gets his fourth consecutive start, with Filip Gustavsson backing up.
Despite a morning skate, nobody seems to have listed the lines. Might be due to the decision between Archibald and 12-6 or Goloubef and 11-7.
- A milestone game at the other end of the ice, with Jimmy Howard recording career game 500
- If you’re basement-watching, a regulation win tonight would put the Wings within reach of the Sens (2 points back with a game in hand)
- On the flip side, 24-2-0 might be enough to make the playoff cut!
- Looks like basically the entire Sens Hockey Ops department on the list to attend tonight’s Avs-Jets game
- Dylan Larkin really likes to shoot the puck
Game Stats (via nhl.com and naturalstattrick):
|Goals||Mark Stone, Matt Duchene||26||Mark Scheifele||30|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||33||Blake Wheeler||56|
|Points||Mark Stone||57||Mark Scheifele, Blake Wheeler||68|
|Shots||Mark Stone, Thomas Chabot||137||Patrik Laine||191|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||23:56||Dustin Byfuglien||24:26|