The Ottawa Senators continue their busy schedule with their fourth game in six days, facing the Los Angeles Kings at home. Neither team has been a force to be reckoned with this season, as the Sens and Kings currently sit 2nd and 3rd last in the NHL respectively. Depending how you view this season, this matchup could be a crucial one for the tank.
Plenty of roster moves were made today, all of which are discussed below. Here are today’s lines and pairings from Hailey Salvian:
Paul - Pageau - C. Brown
Namestnikov - Anisimov - Ennis
Chlapik - Beaudin - Davidsson
Chabot - Zaitsev
Brannstrom - Hainsey
Borowiecki - DeMelo
- Jonathan Davidsson was recalled earlier today and will play his first NHL game tonight. He’s been off to a bit of a slow start since transitioning to North America, with three points in his first eight games in the AHL while being an occasional healthy scratch.
- Once again, Bobby Ryan gets bumped out of the lineup along with Mikkel Boedker. With Colin White also injured, three of Ottawa’s four most expensive forwards are not playing.
- Speaking of White, he was taken off injured reserve and sent to Belleville for a conditioning stint. It’s a good sign that he’s nearing a return — hopefully he can come back a better player than he was in the first leg of the season.
- The other positive injury news is with Rudolfs Balcers, who was back on the ice skating in a non-contact jersey this morning. He too will be sent to Belleville to regain his footing once he’s healthy.
- Pierre Dorion was scouting the Kings in Los Angeles last week. With the Sens looking for another forward, and Tyler Toffoli on the trading block, it will be worth keeping an eye on whether these teams strike a deal after viewing one another.
- Your bi-annual reminder that Drew Doughty shouldn’t have won the Norris Trophy 2016.
- Game time is 7:30 PM, and you can catch the broadcast on TSN5, RDS2 or FS-W.
Here are some stats for today’s matchup from NHL.com and Natural Stat Trick:
|Goals||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||15||Oskar Lindblom||11|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot, Connor Brown||14||Travis Konecny||17|
|Points||Jean-Gabriel Pageau||21||Travis Konecny||27|
|Shots||Brady Tkachuk||107||Claude Giroux||95|
|Time On Ice||Thomas Chabot||25:10||Ivan Provorov||24:50|
|Penalty Kill %||82.1||14th||84.1||10th|
|Corsi % (5v5, Score and Venue Adjusted)||48.39||23rd||51.97||7th|
|Fenwick % (5v5, SVA)||49.36||17th||50.78||11th|