Hockey has returned in Ottawa, with the Senators playing their second pre-season game in two days, following a 4-1 loss to the Leafs in Lucan, Ontario. The game will start at 7:30, and will be broadcast on TSN 4 and 5.
Keep in mind that because this is pre-season, many of the top players for both teams will be sitting out. Here are the lines and pairings from today’s morning skate:
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
Balcers - Sexton - Chlapik
Labate - Carey - Skille
Lajoie - Ceci
Harpur - Jaros
Bergman - Englund
Percy - Aspirot
- Brady Tkachuk will make his Sens debut, being placed on the top line.
- Sens fans will also get to see some of the recently acquired pieces from San Jose in Rudolfs Balcers, Chris Tierney and Julius Bergman.
- Forwards Parker Kelly, Gregor MacLeod and Andrew Sturtz are also listed on the Sens’ official roster, with the lines subject to change.
- Craig Anderson and Mike McKenna are both listed on the roster, with the starter unclear. With Mike Condon and Marcus Hogberg evenly splitting time yesterday, we should expect similar tonight.
- Chris Wideman led both teams last night with six shots on goal. After missing most of last season injured, let’s hope he can rekindle the offensive touch he showed us a year ago.
- Good news for Thomas Chabot, as although he won’t be playing in either of the first two games, it’s because he’s earned the coach’s trust. Boucher is almost certain he’ll be making the team, despite having three other left shot defencemen in the mix for roster spots (Borowiecki, Harpur, Wolanin).
- Here’s the projected lineup for Toronto. No Tavares, but it appears they’ll be bringing in Matthews and Marleau.