The Rangers are in town for a Saturday matinee today. New York is coming off a 3-0 loss to New York, while the Sens had the thrilling last minute comeback. The Rangers are in full tear-down, while a win today for the Senators could move them up a full 3 spots in the standings, at least temporarily.
A few roster changes since Thursday. Gabriel Dumont has come off of IR, Colin White is back in Belleville, Max McCormick is back from Belleville, and Ryan Dzingel is expected to miss today’s game due to a family issue.
There was no morning skate and no lines reported from practice yesterday, but best guess it’s a straight swap of McCormick and Dumont for Dzingel and White.
Smith - Brassard - Stone
Paajarvi - Pageau - Pyatt
McCormick - Shore - Dumont
Oduya - Karlsson
Harpur - Ceci
Borowiecki - Chabot
- I’m actually not to put off by Colin White being sent back down, if he was going to be getting 4th line minutes in Ottawa
- On a side note, if you’re pulling for a higher draft pick, and annoyed about White being sent down - those kind of seem at odds to each other, so maybe pick one?
- Looks like “giving both goalies time” was short lived. Anderson has started four of the last five, and starts again today
- He hasn’t exactly had a great season, but I’d much rather see Fredrik Claesson in over Johnny Oduya. He’s at least got a chance of being back next season.
- Erik Karlsson has five points in the last five games. At least that’s fun.
|Penalty Kill %||76.2||27th||83.3||4th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||46.32||29th||53.97||2nd|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||46.94||27th||54.01||1st|
|Goals||Matt Duchene||27||Brad Marchand||34|
|Assists||Erik Karlsson (out)||53||Brad Marchand||51|
|Points||Karlsson/Stone (both out)||62||Brad Marchand||85|
|Shots||Mike Hoffman||253||David Pastrnak||236|
|TOI/GP||Erik Karlsson (out)||26:44||Zdeno Chara||22:53|