After a disappointing loss to Nashville to kick off the road trip, the Sens will look for a win tonight against the 20th-placed Detroit Red Wings.
Only two points separate the two teams in the standings, although both would need to go on a pretty impressive winning streak in order to sneak into playoff spot.
Craig Anderson is in net once again, though Boucher has confirmed that McKenna will start tomorrow against Montreal.
This morning’s skate was optional so we don’t have the official lines yet, but here’s who they went with last game:
Boedker - Tierney - Batherson
Dzingel - Smith - Paajarvi
McCormick - Paul - Pyatt
Chabot - Harpur
Lajoie - Ceci
Falk - Burgdoerfer
- This is only the teams’ second time playing each other this season; Ottawa won their first game 2-1.
- Bobby Ryan will be in the lineup somewhere, as Boucher has confirmed that he’s back tonight after missing a few games with an injury
- The Red Wings are without defenseman Mike Green, who has an ankle injury
- Detroit is a fast team, and the Sens have identified that as an area to target. Ottawa is also a fast team, so this should be interesting
- They’re also apparently going to try to limit shots against, so good luck with that
- Detroit is coming off a nasty 6-2 loss to the Capitals on Tuesday in which they outshot their opponent 37-25. They’ll look to redeem themselves tonight, but getting lots of shots and not many goals sounds like a problem teams face pretty often against the Sens...
- The Red Wings’ powerplay has been awful lately, so if I know anything about the Sens they’re going to help them get back on track. Please stay out of the box tonight, boys.
- The game will be broadcast on TSN5, at 7:30pm EST
|Penalty Kill %||72.8||30th||78.2||19th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||42.07||31st||45.87||28th|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||42.53||31st||45.54||28th|
|Goals||Mark Stone||15||Dylan Larkin||13|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||25||Gustav Nyquist||21|
|Points||Mark Stone||35||Dylan Larkin||30|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||85||Dylan Larkin||113|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||24:11:00||Dylan Larkin||21:30|