In the finale of a road trip that has yielded three of four consecutive losses, the Ottawa Senators (9-12-3) will try to head home on a high note, when they take on the Philadelphia Flyers (10-11-2) tonight in Philly.
After a loss to the Rangers at MSG last night, Ottawa has fallen to dead last in the Eastern Conference. For the Flyers, this is their first game following a 6-0 trouncing by the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night, and the firing of General Manager Ron Hextall.
Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00PMET, and you can catch this one on TSN5, RDS2, and NBC Sports Philadelphia for our friends south of the border. As always, Dean Brown and Gord Wilson will have the call on TSNRadio 1200.
The Senators will ice the same lineup as last night, with the exception of Mike McKenna starting in goal in place of Craig Anderson. Here it is in case you, luckily, managed to forget:
Sens probable Lines vs NYR.— TSN 1200 (@TSN1200) November 26, 2018
Pyatt Duchene Batherson
Tkachuk White Stone
Dzingel Smith Ryan
Boedker Tierney Paajarvi
- Guy Boucher had some real gems while speaking to the media this morning. He said Ottawa’s road record is so bad because not having the last change allows the young players to be exposed. Because Brady Tkachuk, Drake Batherson, Max Lajoie and Christian Jaros are clearly the extent of this team’s problems.
- In four appearances this season, Mike McKenna is posting a GAA of 5.41, and a save percentage of 0.862. Presented without comment.
- Drake Batherson played a little over ten minutes last night, his shortest outing since the call-up. The kid needs to play, so if Guy Boucher doesn’t see fit to give him top-six minutes, he’s probably better off in Belleville.
- One has to think Philly will come out flying (couldn’t resist) tonight. They’re coming off the firing of their GM, and bench boss Dave Hakstol certainly has to be feeling the heat. The message has been sent that if things don’t shape up, changes are coming.
- Defenceman Mark Borowiecki was placed on IR today, as he works to recover from what’s only being reported as an upper-body injury.
- Expect Calvin Pickard to get the start for the Flyers tonight. Their lineup will probably look something like this, courtesy of Left Wing Lock.
|Penalty Kill %||74.5||28th||79.2||16th|
|Corsi (5v5, Score & Venue Adjusted)||42.91||31st||49.86||15th|
|Fenwick (5v5, SVA)||43.25||31st||51.42||11th|
|Goals||Mark Stone||18||Cam Atkinson||23|
|Assists||Thomas Chabot||28||Artemi Panarin||29|
|Points||Mark Stone||43||Artemi Panarin||41|
|Shots||Thomas Chabot||100||Cam Atkinson||149|
|TOI/GP||Thomas Chabot||23:52||Seth Jones||26:18|